Monday, May 3, 2010

Nem Nuong (Grill Pork Patties/Meatballs)

Ingredients:
2 lb pork (little fatty)
2 tbsp white sugar
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, minced in food processor
2 tbsp fish sauce
salt and black pepper, to taste

Method:
1. I use 2 butcher knives to chop up the pork into a mince. The reason for this is that I found that when I made gyozas, I took the easy way out and bought ground pork. The meat ended up being somewhat dry and the texture was flat. When I made it with pork that I minced myself, the texture of the pork was moist, "bouncy", and much less flatlining.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and keep in the fridge overnight to marinade.
3. Form the pork into either meatballs, flat meatballs, or patties, as you like.
4. Fire up the barbecue and grill until the meat is cooked (depends on the form that you shaped the nem nuong into)
5. This is great served as a salad roll filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment